In terms of features the Fluval U2 Under Water Filter has a three-way flow, offering water flow from the top outlet, the bottom outlet or the built- in, vertically-mounted spraybar in the middle. The flow from the top and bottom outlet is directionally controllable and a Venturi is supplied.
This filter comes with two sponges for alternate cleaning, a polyester and carbon cartridge combined for extra mechanical and chemical filtering and best of all separate Biomax biological media. Access all the media for replacement or cleaning through a flip-top lid and they slide in and out easily on vertically-mounted media trays.
The whole filter hinges forward for complete removal from the aquarium, leaving the fixing bracket in situ.
Output is 400 lph for 5w of electricity
- New sleek design
- New easy grip water control paddle
- New redesigned media cartridge – Traps more debris
- Designed for aquariums up to 110 L (30 US Gal)
- Use as a primary filter for smaller aquariums, or supplementary filter for larger aquariums
- Position horizontally for shallow tanks, larger tanks with low water levels, or to create a decorative waterfall feature
- Position vertically against aquarium wall to create currents or customized flow patterns
- Convenient flip-top lid allows for quick and easy access to filter cartridge for maintenance or replacement
- Adjustable 3-way flow control: Top output for circulation and oxygenation, integrated spray bar for a gentle even flow, and bottom output for deepwater agitation
- BioMax biological media included
- Made in Italy
- Ideal for freshwater, saltwater and reptile environments